FAQ- for all Bigen Products
- Q1. Do I have to do a skin allergy test before application every time I color my hair?
A1. All permanent hair colors including Bigen require a skin allergy test before each use. Body constitution and condition are changing every day. Allergic reaction occurs depending on the constitution of the day of use. Please make sure that you do a skin allergy test before each use, even if you have been coloring for years without any problems.
You should carry out the test following the instructions provided 48 hours before application to see if you are allergic to hair color product or not, every time you color your hair with permanent hair color product. If you notice any signs of burning, swelling, redness or irritation on your skin, do not use the product.
- Q2. What color number should I chose for my first coloring?
A2. We recommend choosing the color number that the color is closed to your initial hair color, or the lighter color number.
- Q3. Should I rinse or wash my hair before application?
A3. You should be able to color your hair as it is. However, if your hair is exposed to excessive hair styling product build up, please shampoo the day before application. If your hair has excessive hair styling product build up or is very oily, you should rinse your hair to be able to obtain the desired color. Hair styling products and oily hair may prevent the color from penetrating into hair shaft.
- Q4. Can I apply hair dye to wet hair?
A4. No, hair color should be applied to dry hair. Water will affect the coloring process, and desired result may not be obtained if you apply on your wet hair.
- Q5. I am using henna. Can I use BIGEN products?
A5. You may not obtain the desired hair color if you apply on hair that has recently been colored by henna. This is because the colors from henna are left in your hair, and if the colors of BIGEN products and the colors of henna are mixed the results may not be as they were desired. The time it takes for the colors of henna to completely come out differs from person to person, therefore we recommend you to wait until new hair has grown in or to cut the colored areas. Also, please do the skin allergy test before each application.
- Q6. Can I color my hair while taking a bath?
A6. Please refrain from coloring your hair while taking a bath or shower. It is dangerous because the sweat and steam may cause the mixture to drip into the eyes.
- Q7. Can I use hair color or bleach on a child's hair?
A7. Children have more sensitive scalp than adults and the natural barrier function is also weaker due to less secretion of oils, prone to allergic reaction. Therefore, you are recommended not to use hair color or bleach on children.
- Q8. Can I color my eye brows or beards?
A8. Please do not color areas other than the hair on your head. Because the skin near the eyes and mouth is thinner and more sensitive, it is more possible that the skin will be irritated. It is also dangerous because the mixture could come into your eyes. If you would like to color your beard, please use a Bigen Men's BEARD COLOR.
- Q9. Can I use hair color when I am having my period, pregnant or maybe pregnant?
A9. Changes in your hormonal balance when you are having your period or pregnant can make the skin more sensitive, increasing the possibility that you will experience skin irritation. On the other hand, if you decide to use a hair color product during pregnancy, there will be no negative effects on the child.
- Q1. If I mix 2 colors, will I get the color in between?
A1. No. It is not recommended to mix colors. Mixing hair color is not like mixing paint. The result will not be in between the colors you mix, and also cannot be predicted how it would come out.
- Q2. I have colored my hair with darker shade of Bigen products. Can I lighten the hair with other Bigen products or other hair color products?
A2. No. Color pigments of permanent hair color – once oxidized and developed especially dark color – are difficult to remove from hair. Say, it is almost impossible to lighten previously darkened hair with permanent hair color by yourself. In such case, it is recommended to ask for a professional service at a salon.
How to avoid/treat stains
- Q1. Should I cover my body with a towel or cape to protect my clothes during application?
A1. During application, please cover your body with a towel or cape and wear gloves to avoid stains, because it is hard to remove. We also advise you to wear something that the stains will not stand out. In case any mixture gets on your clothes, please wash it with water immediately because it is hard to remove the stains as times go by.
- Q2. How do I remove the stain from nails and skin?
A2. Removing from the nails: polish the nail using toothpaste and a dry towel. Stain on the skin will generally be removed within 2 to 3 days by the skin's metabolism if you take a bath or shower every day.
Removing from the skin: quickly apply a make-up cleanser to the area and gently massage the area for 3-5 minutes. Next press a hot towel on the area for 5 minutes to steam and then clean the area with bar soap. Rubbing the area with soap on a towel is also effective, but do not rub too strongly or you will damage the skin.
- Q3. Will the color stain my pillowcase if I do not dry my hair after application?
A3. If the shampooing is not sufficiently done after application and your hair is wet, the color pigments that are left on the surface of your hair come out and stain your pillowcase. Therefore, please shampoo your hair well (recommended twice), apply conditioner and dry your hair thoroughly before you sleep. Please be careful for about a week because colors may transfer onto clothes and pillowcases after sweating a lot while playing sports, getting wet because of rain, and using hair tonic.
- Q4. What to do when the mixture falls onto a wood floor?
A4. In reality there is no way to remove stains from the area for materials that absorb the mixture like wooden floors, carpet, tatami mats, wallpaper and leather. We recommend putting down some newspapers to protect against spills.
If the mixture falls onto plastic flooring, quickly wipe up the mixture and wash the area with a neutral detergent. If the area has already been stained, the stain can be removed with diluted chlorine bleach on an absorbent cotton, however, this may damage the wooden floor material and cause the color to change.
Long Lasting Colors
- Q1. What type of shampoo should be used after using Bigen products?
A1. The shampoo used should be mild acid shampoo. Ingredient in hair color working as pH adjuster balances the mixture to alkali, in order to maximize the coloring effect. The pH status of colored hair(Alkali) should be offset to the original status of hair, that is mild acid. This is why mild acid shampoo is recommended.
- Q2. What will be in conditioner and shampoo that will make more suitable to use with color treated hair?
A2. It is recommended to use hair care products for color treated hair. Nutrition and pH adjuster are contained in these products. They prevent color fading, return pH status of colored hair(alkali) to original status(mild acid). In addition, oil, cationic polymer, nutrition such as vegetable extracts and protein give moisture to hair.
- Q3. What can I do for long lasting colors?
A3. How long the colors last depends on your aftercare especially caring a week after coloring is important. The protein substance and colorants come out of cuticles easily especially after coloring, because hair is towards alkalinity and cuticles are opened. If hair is damaged, the colors do not last long.
For long lasting colors, you are recommended to use shampoo and conditioner for colored hair. Those products have features such as: "rinsing away dirt without damaging the hair", "working on damaged areas to minimize damage to the hair" and "protection against color fading".
Please note that some alkaline shampoos (anti-dundruff shampoo) will cause the hair color to fade.
- Q4. How many days should I wait to color hair again after my last application?
A4. Please wait at least one week after your last application. If the interval between applications is less than 1 week, your hair or scalp may be damaged. For covering gray, we recommend retouch/touch-up once a month, because hair grows 1-1.5cm a month and the difference of the colored area and root area can be seen.
- Q5. Which should I do first, perm or color my hair?
A5. Perm your hair first.
Try to have your hair permed at least one week before coloring your hair. If you perm your hair after coloring, the color might fade. However, the process of coloring may loosen the curls, so please consult a hair dresser beforehand.
FAQ - Bigen MEN's Cream Color
- Q1. Do I need to shake the Bottle before use?
A1. No need to shake. (Shaking the Bottle does not affect the color result.)
- Q2. When I press the button, only one cream was dispensed. What should I do?
A2-1. Press the button down firmly until it stops below the line. It may happen that only one cream is dispensed when the button is not well pressed.
A2- 2. Make sure that the Nozzle is correctly set onto the Bottle. It may happen that only one cream is dispensed when the Nozzle is halfway attached.
- Q3. How much cream can be dispensed on the Special Comb Brush?
A3. About 5~6g of cream can be dispensed.
- Q4. How many times can I dispense on the Special Comb Brush ?
A4. You can dispense about 15 times.
- Q5. I did not use up all. How should I keep the remainder until the next application?
A5. Following the instruction, pull the Nozzle off the Bottle, wash it with the Washing Syringe and dry.
- Q6. Before when should be the cream remaining in the Bottle used?
A6. One-Push Bottle is completely sealed to protect the cream against air and keep it fresh. However, it is recommended to use the remaining cream within 6 months of the first opening.
- Q7. When I use "Bigen MEN’S Cream Color" the second time, discolored cream was dispensed. Is it safe to use?
A7. It is safe to use. The discolored cream is the one left over in the Nozzle when you used the first time.
- Q8. What should I do when the Nozzle is clogged?
A8. Following the instruction, wash the Nozzle with the Washing Syringe and dry before use.
- Q9. When I use "Bigen MEN’S Cream Color" the second time, only one side cream was dispensed even though I pressed the button firmly. What should I do?
A9-1. Make sure that the Nozzle is correctly set onto the Bottle. It may happen that only one cream is dispensed when the Nozzle is halfway attached.
A9-2. Make sure that the Nozzle is not clogged. In case of that the Nozzle is clogged, wash and dry it following the instruction.
- Q10. How should I dispose of the Bottle after use?
A10. After making sure the cream is not left in the Bottle, dispose it following disposal rules for aerosol products of each country.
- Q11. Do I need to make a hole in the Bottle when dispose?
A11. No need to make a hole. Follow disposal rules for aerosol products of each country.
- Q12. Can I use a dryer to dry up the Nozzle quickly after washing it?
A12. No, you can't, since the heat of the dryer may deform the Nozzle made of plastic.
- Q13. Some cream remains in the channels (through which the cream is dispensed) of the can. Do I need to wash them?
A13. No, you don't. You can rest assured of coloring results although the first dispensed cream may be discolored next time.
- Q14. By when should I use an unopened product?
A14. We recommend using it up within 3.5 years.